Mission & Philosphy
SIREN/Eaton Shelter, Inc. promotes the elimination of domestic violence and homelessness by providing temporary housing, support, advocacy, education, and information to the community.
Promoting the safety, confidentiality and autonomy of domestic violence survivors and homeless families will be the primary tenet driving the services provided by SIREN/Eaton Shelter. In order to accomplish this, SIREN/Eaton Shelter commits to the following:
- Treating everyone who seeks services with dignity and respect. This attitude is to be reflected in all agency policies, procedures, and personal interactions.
- Providing programs that are client-driven, family-centered and respectful of lifestyle, gender-identity, and cultural differences.
- Providing every client with information and education about the dynamics of domestic violence and resources in the community in order to facilitate their making an informed choice about their options.
- Providing the support and advocacy necessary to help people access needed services.
- Seeking opportunities to raise public awareness about homelessness and domestic violence in the community.
- Supporting efforts to hold batterers accountable and promote empowerment for survivors.
- Working for systems change and long-range solutions to the serious social problems of family violence and homelessness.